Thursday, February 13, 2014

In My Classroom: Tooth Fairy Part II

The Tooth Fairies are done! It ended up taking 3 lessons and I still have a handful undone because of absences but most are done and they're now hanging in the hallway. Here are the fruits of my Kindergartener's labor!






My students colored them in with oil pastels, I had to demonstrate how to use oil pastels properly otherwise it can turn into scribble scrabble coloring. After the oil pastels were laid down neatly we painted over with watercolors. I think one of the hardest parts was explaining to the children to color anything they wanted to leave white in with oil pastel. They didn't understand why they had to do this until they painted over with watercolor and then they experienced firsthand the resisting the oil does to the watercolor. 

So what do you think? Do you like the project? 

- Grace

2 comments:

  1. It's fantastic, Grace. I wish you were my children's art teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGreed!! I am totally going to do this with Henry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...