Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Wonderful Whistling


I love to whistle.  A day doesn't go by without some sort of tune being whistled by me.  Could be in the car, at work, or at home---and it has rubbed off on my kids.  They whistle the tune from The Great Escape all the time because it's one that is always in my head.

Finding a song with a whistle always makes me happy.  Here is a compilation of several great whistling songs.  If you can think of any I missed, please post it in the comments.


The Rooster in Disney's Robin Hood is the ultimate whistling song.  He is definitely the coolest rooster to ever appear on the screen and everyone should aspire to be more like him.


I would argue the whistling march from Bridge on the River Kwai is the most memorable whistling tune of all time.



One can't talk about whistling without mentioning "Always Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide."


I love Mary Poppins and the animatronic robin in "Spoonful of Sugar" is great whistler....he IS a bird after all.

Now onto slightly more modern music and songs that were not necessarily in movies.



Mumford covering one of the Robin Hood Rooster's songs with a fine whistling part.


"Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard"


Jack Johnson has a very clean and inviting whistle and I wish he would do it in more songs.


Alexander - Truth.  This is a single by the lead singer of Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros.


Andrew Bird is known for his whistling and this one is a great example


 The Black Keys.  Not a strong whistle, but still appreciate it.


 G & R has one of the most classic whistling tunes in rock n roll history.


Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home.  This has a great whistling part and even though the song has been overused in commercials, I still love it.


You can hear this song on the radio occasionally and it has a basic but memorable whistle.

Let me know if there are any others I have missed cause I am always interested in any song with a good whistle....no matter the genre.
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...