Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Short Film of the Month- The History of Typography - Animated Short


The History of Typography - Animated Short from Ben Barrett-Forrest on Vimeo.

This is an interesting educational short about the history of Typography.
I recently was designing a full page ad that was to be in a Hong Kong antique magazine and was having trouble finding the right font.  I am not a graphic designer but when it involves photography I can wing it.  I ended up going with a font called District Thin, which is a Helvetica based font and I sort of felt like it was an easy cop out since Helvetica is always used....everywhere.  But I didn't have time to play around with it too long.  My trouble with the font finding made me think of this animated short I found a year or so ago .  It's very interesting and the animation keeps you involved.
The only real issue I have with the video is the doughy softness and rosy knuckles of the dude's hands.  Not that I have Viking hands but guys with hands like that need to get out and do some hard labor and toughen them up.  If not, every meeting will start with a disappointing hand shake. Just saying.
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...