Monday, March 31, 2014

Admiring Wes Anderson

Lobby Boy Hat from The Grand Budapest Hotel

I haven't been this excited for a movie in awhile. The Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson opened this month to many rave reviews (at least, from my friends), and I am trying to figure out how to convince my husband that it's time to call in some babysitter reinforcement so we can go see it already!

In the meantime, I've found the Wes Anderson Shop on Etsy that sells items inspired by (you guessed it!) Wes Anderson films. The online store does not appear to have any official affiliation with the auteur, but the shop owner, Bibi Anderson (if that is her real name) describes herself as simply a big fan. Along with movie replicas, she also sells phone cases and mugs emblazoned with images from the films. I think Margot Tenenbaum's pale pink gloves with half a finger missing are my favorite. 

Dudley's World Hardcover Journal from The Royal Tenenbaums 

Altered Cashmere Gloves from The Royal Tenenbaums

Sweet Afton Cigarette Package from The Royal Tenenbaums
(replica contains crayons)

Engraved Swiss Army Knife from Rushmore

Suzy's Letter Set from Moonrise Kingdom
5 cardboard cards, $8.55 from WesAndersonShop on Etsy

New Penzance Island Map from Moonrise Kingdom


- Cathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...