Monday, January 13, 2014

Artwork of the Week: Permanent Sparkler

Permanent Sparkler by Alwin Lay 2012 
2012, 82 x 62 cm, C-Print, ed. 5

This coming weekend we will be celebrating Graham's first birthday. It's not going to be anything big---only a few family members will be in attendance. And we've decided to keep things simple since there's pretty much no point in going all out on an elaborate party theme or piles of thoughtfully chosen gifts because he won't remember any of it. But I have found myself getting super excited to make him a little cake and maybe hang a festive garland or two. If I can pull it off (and remember to use the camera), I'll share some photos next week. I know it's a total cliche, but I really can't believe it's been almost a year since this little guy arrived. In some ways it feels as if it's been barely any time at all, and in others, like it's been forever already (sheesh!). 

You can see more work by Alwin Lay at www.nataliahug.com


- Cathleen


[Image courtesy of Natalia Hug Gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...