Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer Reading


This summer I decided it was high time that I finally finished Anne of Green Gables. Have any of you read it before? I was IN LOVE with the movie series. Like, checked it and re-checked it out of the library pretty much every summer that I spent at my Grandma Cueto's house. I can still remember how much my heart ached with every interaction between Anne and Gilbert. My grandmother was actually the one who gave me a copy of the book with a lovely inscription for my 9th Christmas, and I'm embarrassed to say that I never picked it up. UNTIL NOW. I've resolved to read it instead of watch TV or mindlessly surf the internet while Graham's asleep here at the beach, and already I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The first sentence alone brought a wistful chuckle to my countenance. (Just the sort of thing LM Montgomery might say, perhaps?) 


- Cathleen 


1 comment:

  1. I love all the Anne books. I used to read them all every other year. And now Ev is reading them so we laugh and talk about them. I hope you loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...