Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Taking It to the Next Level


I told you I couldn't stop. I wouldn't normally post another recipe so soon after the last, but I can't help myself. I've taken lunch to the next level over here. Poached IN THE MICROWAVE eggs ON TOP of the magnificent kale you cooked last week. Here's how it's done: 


Microwaved Poached Eggs

2 eggs
2/3 cup water
1/2 tsp vinegar

Crack both eggs into a microwave-safe bowl. Pour the water into the bowl and then add the vinegar. Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe plate then place it into the microwave and heat at 80% power for 1 minute and 40 seconds. Once it beeps, check to see if the whites have solidified. If not, then cook in 10 second rounds until it looks ready. But remember: eggs continue to cook even after you remove them from the heat, so be careful you don't over do it! Remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and serve over your Sauteed Kale with Garlic and Sweet Potatoes. Add a side of toast for dipping into those sweet, sweet runny yolks. Decaf Earl Grey tea is optional.

[Modified from www.thekitchn.com]


- Cathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...