Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Artist of the Week: Jason Munn

These past two months I’ve been spending my Tuesday nights in a silkscreen class at SVA, the fruits of which I promise to share here one day soon. Printmaking as a practice has made me think about creating work in a totally different way. Building an image in layers and thinking in blocks of color, all while constructing a dynamic illustration is a challenging balance.

In researching ideas for prints of my own, I came across the striking work of Jason Munn, or The Small Stakes as he used to be called. His screen prints inspired by music and film are simple and straightforward. His color choice is always subtle, yet strong. Here is a smattering of his best work:










- Cathleen

1 comment:

  1. These remind me of the modern fairytale prints, I think by Christian Jackson? (I might have that wrong) So fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...