Friday, April 11, 2014

In Process


I know it's a terrible picture- please don't judge.

 So, contrary to popular opinion, (i.e. my own ) I'm not always a total slacker who accomplishes nothing. Sometimes I overcompensate, take on way too many projects at once, and still accomplish nothing. How do I manage it, you ask? 
Friends, it's a gift.

Pictured above are just a few of my stopped-right-in-the-middle projects. But they're on my dining room table because I am finishing them today. TODAY.

One (the circles and ugly wire spiral) is a Martha Stewart ripoff- a solar system mobile. As you may remember, I've been wanting to do a mobile for a while and since we're studying the planets right now and Martha's mobile is redonk pretty, I'm combining the two! When I was reading Martha's instructions, I scoffed at the idea of buying "circle cutters" but after cutting 96 imperfect circles, my Type A OCD was flaring up BIG TIME. Now I can't look at them too closely or I start to twitch a teeny tiny bit.

The other (the stacks of accordion pleated tissue paper) are an another attempt to incorporate school learning crafts that don't end up on the floor or our "extra extra special drawings" drawer. We were studying a period of Chinese history soooo we decided to make paper lanterns! I only made it through one round of trying to get my children to fold straight lines evenly spaced apart before shooing them all out of the kitchen and vowing to finish it on my own.

So, maybe I'll do an update later today with our results like a real fancy blogger. Unless they all turn out hideous and then I won't. 

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Happy Weekend, Friends!
-Alissa








1 comment:

  1. That's super cute and looks super complicated. You are a better woman for even thinking about attempting it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...