Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Artwork of the Week: Sink and Mirror


Sink and Mirror by Antonio López Garcia

oil on wood, 38.5 x 33 in, 1967

It's official. We are moving into our new home at the end of the month! So I have to apologize but I've pretty much only got house stuff on the brain right now. Last night I went down a Pinterest rabbit hole searching for a solution to the Great Frosted Sliding Shower Door debate. Micky thinks it's fine---and really, it is. We probably won't update it for a while since there are far more pressing matters like roofs and HVACs to fix. But I keep thinking about all of the gross gunk that inevitably gets trapped in the door track. And that gives me the skeeves. 

This oil painting by Spanish artist Antonio López Garcia turns the grime and the mundanity of his private space into a poignant self-portrait. I like the hexagonal white floor tile too. 


- Cathleen

[Image via arttattler.com by way of Museum of Fine Arts Boston]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...