Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Mama Care Package


When I was just home from the hospital and friends started coming over to see us and meet the new baby, we received so many thoughtful presents. One of the best things people brought was definitely FOOD. There is something so meaningful about the gift of sustenance, made with love to give you strength in those first few days, something easy that you can just put in your tired face when your hands are too full of squirmy baby to do much beyond microwave. 

Through the miracle of Facebook, I recently reconnected with someone I worked with YEARS ago who now happens to live near me in NC and just had a baby herself, so I felt it was time I returned the favor that so many others helpfully granted me. Last night I whipped up a big batch of Lasagna Soup to bring over to her today (the very same that I made in advance of Graham's arrival), with all parts labeled for easy assembly and reheating. I also got her a couple bars of nice chocolate as well as a book for her baby because chocolate and books always make the best gifts. 




I can't wait to see her again and meet little baby Juniper for the first time! 


- Cathleen 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...