Friday, May 3, 2013

Industrial Pipe DIY

So, speaking of projects, I did FINALLY finish my painting my bookshelves and I’ve been walking around in a glow of self-congratulations. And since I still have about thirty-five projects left that I’d like to tackle, I’m hoping to keep that momentum going.

I recently took down the horrible curtains that were hanging in our living room- sheer white drapes with white embroidered flowers *ugh*- which have been there since we moved in almost a year ago. (It takes me a LONG time to get moving on projects.) Since I took them down, we’ve been living in a fishbowl because I haven’t found suitable replacements. Until... 

West Elm Industrial Pipe Curtain Rods

... I found these curtain rods, which I LOVE! I was going to go ahead and bite the bullet on them (I’ll need three for my living room) but I wasn’t quite ready to cough up the $200+ for curtain rods

Looking around for other sources, I found tons of instructions for making them myself. I assumed that they would look pretty homemade, but all the tutorials are easy and the final result looks great.

All the pieces I need!

Spray painted copper

Hammered Metal spray paint

So, now my weekend plans are laid out for me: cleaning and spray painting iron pipe fittings into curtain rods! Wish me luck because I’m definitely putting all my eggs in one basket here. 

Good luck to you and any and all DIYs that you’ve got on the horizon. Or just relaxation if that’s your plan!

Happy Weekend, Friends!
-Alissa




1 comment:

  1. ohhh I love them! I hope they turn out as pretty as the example photos. I finally refinished the dresser and night stand I bought 3+ years ago (using them for baby grayson's room). so much easier than I thought but time consuming... my living room windows are in dire straights so i'll definitely have to start looking around for "DIY" solutions like you did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...