Friday, March 15, 2013

My Space is Small. My Life is Big.

Living with Less. A Lot Less.
I know this article has been making the internet rounds, but at the risk of over saturation I think it’s definitely worth posting again. In it, Graham Hill talks about his move from a life filled with possessions and the burden of caring for them to one defined by freedom. 

Sometimes, it can feel almost impossible to extract yourself from the lure of all the new stuff that you can have or buy. For Mr. Hill, it took a relationship with a woman he loved to change his perspective and realize that the things in his life didn’t matter- his life is what matters. Love and other people are what matter.

It seems to me that there is a movement, however small, away from the Bigger, Shinier, Newer, Better societal attitude that has been steadily increasing for a long time. But maybe people are finding that when they get rid of the things (and the obsession with things) that clutter their lives, they’re finding the freedom to let their lives expand to fill that space. That’s why I love Mr. Hill’s closing line: “My space is small. My life is big.” How beautiful.

Here’s to big lives.

Happy Weekend! 
-Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...