Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lauren Greenfield - Capturing Contemporary Women

Photographer Lauren Greenfield uses her camera to document the dirty underbelly of the world our children and daughters are raised in currently. 

Copyright Clay Enos



Her books, Girl Culture and THIN, tell the story of the lack of a real place our current culture has created for women. 

Girl Culture was published in 2002 and I read it in college in a History of Photography class. I own the book and it is a haunting essay of the pressures even young women feel to be sex objects. I highly recommend you check this book out. 

THIN I haven't read, but I am eager to. Greenfield is able to earn her subjects trust and therefore capture poignantly their vulnerability. 

Check these out and then let me know what you think.

-Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...