Friday, June 20, 2014

Charles James


If I'd heard the about Charles James before last month, I'm not sure, but I've read about him so much recently that I feel like I must have always known about him. Recently, he has been featured in The New Yorker, Vogue, and The Wall Street Journal and, I'm sure, plenty of other publications that I don't read on the regular. 

Charles James photographed by Cecil Beaton for Vogue

After reading about him, I started looking for images of his work and I'm in LOVE. His dresses are so gorgeous and sculptural and amazing. Apparently, they were a pain to wear (heavy, uncomfortable) but I'm pretty sure I'd still manage to be thrilled running around in one of them. 

Tree Gown

Tree Gown
Butterfly Dress



Charles James: Beyond Fashion 

I'd look that happy if I was wearing Charles James, too.

Have a beautiful, drapey, floaty, pleated weekend, Friends!
-Alissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...