Tuesday, December 17, 2013

ArtworkS of the Week: Silence/Shapes

Shape C/M by Filippo Minelli 
chemicals on landscape, 2013

It's been cold off and on here in North Carolina for the past month, and while I do enjoy a 60 degree December day, I have found myself missing the sight of snow on the ground and wondering if I will ever get used to the idea of probably never having a white Christmas down south. These photos remind me of my winters of yore, but instead of the gray sludge that would form almost immediately on the streets of NYC, they bring something more magical. 

Among many other things, Italian public artist Filippo Minelli creates these beautiful bursts of color within various stark, desolate landscapes. His ongoing series titled Silence/Shapes captures an unfurling cloud in one quiet moment before it disappears into the ether. It was tough for me to pick just one to share this week, but I particularly liked these against their snowy backdrops. 

Shape C/G 
chemicals on landscape, 2013

You can see more of the artist's work on his website: www.filippominelli.com


- Cathleen 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...