Thursday, December 19, 2013

American Designer- Jon Contino

Stock and Barrel Logo
The first design I saw by Jon Contino was the logo above made for a company called Stock and Barrel.  I was immediately taken by the anvil, negative space and typeface.  I had to do a little digging after seeing this logo to find out who designed it but once I did, and found his site, I was blown away by his designs and artwork.  

Contino has blown up over the last year and been hired by some seriously big companies as well as notable names: Nike, Keebler, The Brooklyn Nets, Stephen King, Dockers, The Washingtonian, Ford and many others are all in his portfolio. 
He is a master typographer and hand draws all his typeface and logo designs.  Although everything is digitalized so it can be printed for advertisement it still feels as if it were personally hand drawn for each particular publication. Everything he creates feels nostalgically American as if he could have been designing revolutionary pamphlets for Samuel Adams and the Sons of Liberty.  This is not the only reason I love his work but it plays a big part.  Maybe it's the fact that I have blacksmith blood in me but the use of anvils in a lot of his work just makes me happy and I never get sick of them.
Here is a sampling of some of the designs I love but there are plenty more at his website http://joncontino.com/
Nike

Nike

One of my favorites




Makes you want to keep the tag on the tie

Washingtonian




Brooklyn Nets


Handkerchief

-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...