Friday, December 20, 2013

A Singalong

So, I'm off to my sister in law's wedding this morning and I thought I'd share the music that 
we'll most likely be listening to on the entire car ride to NJ.

 

I love Sufjan Stevens but somehow I missed that he'd released a Christmas album, like, EIGHT years ago. I finally bought it last year and our whole family loves it. Sufjan covers all of the major Christmas carols (some more than once) and also some of the less well-known but still beautiful Christmas hymns. They're all performed in his very distinct style 
alongside quirky, original songs as well.

So if you're in need of a fresh take on Christmas music, this is a great album to try. And if that doesn't work for you, you can always fall back on the greatest Christmas song of all time (I'm kind of joking but actually not really) -

I sing this song all year long

Either way, you're set for holiday cheer!

Happy Weekend and Merry Christmas, Friends!
-Alissa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...