Friday, July 26, 2013

Mastering the Art of Baby Naming

The Newest Addition to the Royal Family
The arrival of the newest royal baby and the recent birth of my own little princess (only slightly less newsworthy, I feel) have 
meant a lot discussion and speculation about names lately. I love thinking about names and 
talking about them and pairing first and middle names together.  

Sometimes I think I only want to accumulate more names, not so much the children that go with them. I kid. 

That being said, I really like the new prince’s name; George Alexander Louis. 
George is solid and traditionally English and so trendy right now. Alexander is classic and brings to mind strength and determination, not to mention world domination. (Also, it is the name of my brother who happens to possess all those qualities- including the desire for world conquest. And everybody knows that “A” names are pretty much guaranteed to be fabulous.) Finally, Louis, a traditional French name, is also strong and classic. A great multicultural choice for our increasingly global culture. :)

Whatever your feelings on the matter, I hope y’all have a great Friday. I’m so glad to be back on Swings and Arrows!

Happy Weekend, Friends!
-Alissa 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure this will get me the "stupidest question ever" award, but do these people have last names? I know it's Prince William Duke of Wales, but does he sign his checks William Wales or what? I just wanna know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. DArn.. I just realized they were the whatever, whatever of Cambridge, not Wales! Ugh. That makes my question even stupider. And stupider isn't even a word, so I really should just stop commenting all together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...