Friday, October 5, 2012

Superman Symbol

Last semester I took a class called Symbolism. The final assignment was to pick a logo, brand, or symbol that each student believed to be an iconic symbol of the 20th/21st century and that would be recognizable 100 years from now. We were then to write a 10+ page paper on our pick. I chose the recycle symbol by Gary Anderson and learned some absolutely fascinating things about the design and its designer. However if I had to do the paper all over again today I would do the S on Superman's chest. 


We see the S shield so often and used in so many different ways I really believe in 100 years this simple yet iconic symbol will be recognizable if not still in use. 

What would you pick? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

- Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...