Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week of the Arts Special Edition : The Art of Instruction


I promised Grace I'd cover for her while she was busy with Week of the Arts this week. It's the least I could do with her off encouraging young minds to artistic greatness. So I thought I should continue our theme of art and education this week by sharing some beautiful images from a book I gave myself this past Christmas. The Art of Instruction: Vintage Educational Charts from the 19th and 20th Centuries is just that—a gorgeous picture book filled with over 100 full-color reproductions of botany and biology posters collected by Katrien Van der Schueren, owner of voila! Gallery in Los Angeles. I've always wanted one of these pull-down methods in my home, but the real thing can be pretty expensive and hard to come by. This book has effectively put a bunch of pretties in my possession and has since inspired me to make one of my own, which I promise to share as soon as it's done. In the meantime, here are some of my favorites straight from the source: 





- Cathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...