Monday, February 27, 2012

Artist of the Week: Deborah Zlotsky

Catch-222011, oil on canvas, 36" x 36"



Painter Deborah Zlotsky lives and works in Albany, NY. She did her undergraduate at Yale, her graduate at the University of Connecticut, and she has exhibited at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts in NYC, as well as Pierogi Gallery. I discovered her painting "Waiting room" (below) while tripping my way through Pinterest last week and was immediately intrigued. Once I located her website, I found each painting from her recent series "Adjacent Possibilities"almost better than the last. There is something about her work that really pleases my eyes; the geometrics, the colors, the drips. Yes. Very pleasing indeed. 


Waiting room2011, oil on canvas, 48" x 60"


All that follows, 2011, oil on canvas, 48" x 60"


Unknown unknown, 2011, oil on canvas, 36" x 36"


- Cathleen 

[Images courtesy of the artist's website: deborahzlotsky.com]

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...