Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Artist of the Week: Naia del Castillo



Normally I wouldn't be inclined to feature an artist in this weekly forum unless I completely loved their entire body of work. However, I feel compelled to include most of the images from this particular series of photographs titled Trapped created by mixed-media Spanish artist Naia del Castillo in the year 2000 because ever since I stumbled upon them on whatever blog it was months ago, hung in some architect's highly designed and decorated duplex, I haven't been able to shake them from my head. Not that her other work isn't nice. It's fine. But lately I've noticed that I'm inexplicably drawn to images and portraits with faces obscured, and these are some of the best in the bunch. 








- Cathleen 

[All photos from the artist's website: www.naiadelcastillo.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...