Friday, February 8, 2013

Erin Lynn Welsh

-->
“What makes you think I enjoy being led to the flood” 36x36in. Oil on Canvas 2010

A couple of weeks ago, I was inadvertently introduced (through a Facebook friend) to a new-to-me artist: Erin Lynn Welsh. She’s a painter and photographer living in NYC and her work is gorgeous.


“Dale’s yard in New Mexico” 2009 Mixed Media (Acrylic and Oil paint) 54x54in.

I was immediately drawn to her style, which, to me, echoes some of my favorite artists such as Georgia O’Keefe and Anselm Kiefer. I spent the rest of the afternoon looking at as much of her work as I could find online.


“Elodie” 2007 Mixed Media (Oil and thread work) 36x48in.

Many of her works are large so I can only imagine how powerful they are in person. I can’t imagine that my little house could handle all the beauty of one her paintings. But that won’t stop me from dreaming!


“Untitled 2” 2008 Mixed Media (Oil and thread work) 36x52in.

I’ll leave you with a couple images to get your Friday started off on an inspiring note. If you need me, I’ll be counting my pennies and calculating exactly how long it will be before I can own one myself. If you're interested in seeing more of Erin's work, check out her blog or her gallery at Uprise Art.  


“Thunder” (Redone) 68x68in. Oil on canvas, 2012
“High tide” 2010 54x54in Mixed Media (oil and acrylic on canvas)

Happy Weekend!
-Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...