Monday, June 30, 2014

Artwork of the Week: Unknown


As promised, my mom and I spent some time in the garden this past week while she was in town for a visit. She helped me identify the purple flowering shrub with the sweet smelling leaves planted just off the patio. And we built a little retaining wall out of old bricks to keep my front yard from invading our walkway every time it rains. She also informed me that the rose bushes just to the right of our house  have come down with a spotty leaf syndrome that I need to fix with a spray of milk and water. 

This drawing reminded me to add it to my list of things to do this week. And also that there can be such beauty in the way something destructive manifests itself. 

You can see more botanical drawings like this one (without attribution... maybe from A History of the Earth and Animated Nature?) on greyherbert's Flickr stream. 


- Cathleen 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...